3 Beauty Tips to Help You Get Ready in 15 Minutes

beauty tips get ready 15 minutes morning routine

Getting ready quickly in the morning has never been my strong suit. If I’m getting ready for a shoot or fashion event, it usually takes me an hour between makeup, hair, and getting dressed. But for those days when I’m just looking to run errands or meet up with a friend, I want to get ready quickly but still look good. I’ve been incorporating 3 easy steps into my morning routine, and it’s helped me get ready in 15 minutes! These beauty tips take minimal effort and really make a difference, and cover the 3 essentials: body, face, and hair.

beauty tips get ready 15 minutes dove deodorant

Beauty Tip #1 to Get Ready in 15 Minutes: BODY with DOVE DEODORANT

I’ve used deodorant on and off in the past but have never found one that I loved and stuck in my routine. I’ve never been a big perfume fan (they make me sneeze) and also don’t sweat a lot, so I wanted to find something that was light with a good scent to help me feel refreshed in the morning. The Dove Advanced Care deodorant caught my attention as I use their body wash religiously and it’s reasonably priced. I also read some great reviews about the product online, such as this one: “Love how Dove goes on smooth and doesn’t irritate the skin. Smells wonderful and works continuously throughout the day!” – melloddie.

3 beauty tips get ready 15 minutes dove deodorant

The “smells wonderful” and “doesn’t irritate the skin” really caught my attention. I have sensitive skin, so I like that it goes on smooth, and I’m always looking for a great smell. I decided to try two scents, the Revive which smells like pomegranate, and the Soothing Camomile which has a more gentle smell. As promised, the Advanced Care Deodorant does go on really smoothly and definitely makes my underarms feel softer. It also seems to last forever, although I don’t sweat a lot so that might have something to do with it. The Dove website does say that it offers 48 hours of odor and wetness protection plus added skincare benefits with its NutriumMoisture formula and Dove ¼ moisturizers for softer, smoother underarms. Since I shower every day I’m unable to validate the 48 hour part, but overall it’s an easy product to use, smells good, and is a refreshing way to start off the day.

Beauty Tip #2 to Get Ready in 15 Minutes: FACE with 5-MINUTE CONTOURING

beauty tips get ready 15 minutes rodial contour powder

Contouring is a beauty secret I’ve discovered in the past few months, and now I can never go back to my pre-contouring life. I’ve always thought it was hard to achieve, but after buying a set of 3 contouring brushes from Sephora, I found it to be so easy and it makes such a big difference. All you need is a good contouring powder that’s slightly darker than your skin tone (I use the Rodial one) and the right brushes.

beauty tips get ready 15 minutes contouring

I basically follow the directions on the Sephora brush pack with some modifications:

1. Use angled brush to apply contour powder under cheekbones.
  2. Use buffing brush to apply contour powder under your jaw line and along your hairline.
  3. Use stippling brush to blend powder in light, circular motions.

Lastly, using the angled brush I apply the Becca Champagne Pop highlighter above the apples of my cheeks up to my temples for an extra glow, and that’s it!

easy beauty tips get ready 15 minutesbeauty tips get ready 15 minutes highlight

Beauty Tip #3 to Get Ready in 15 Minutes: HAIR with AMIKA STRAIGHTENING BRUSH

beauty tips get ready 15 minutes straightening brush

For instant polish and shine, I use an electric powered straightening brush from Amika on my hair that takes 5 minutes. It’s essentially like a hairbrush but with heat, so when you use it to brush your hair it also does the added benefit of straightening and adding sleekness. It’s pretty genius if you ask me!

beauty tips get ready 15 minutes amika brush beauty tips get ready 15 minutes beauty blog

I hope you’ve found this post helpful! Let me know what your beauty tips are in the comments below!

Shop the Post:

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

42 responses to “3 Beauty Tips to Help You Get Ready in 15 Minutes”

1. Poonam says:

Great post. I agree, contouring makes such a huge difference. What did we do before we contoured,lol?!

2. Jana says:

I’ve never been good at getting ready quick either, I love these tips and will have to give those Dove products a try 🙂 xo Jana | http://www.janastyleblog.com

3. I have never been good at getting ready quickly my Husband hates it haha! Great tips!

Sophie x

These are such great tips! I agree with the contouring.

5. Shannon says:

I love the 5 minute contouring! These tips are great!! x

6. Great tips!! I am certainly DOVE girl and love using their products- currently use their deodorant and body wash!

7. Erin says:

Becca Highlighters are the best!!! Such a great post!!! Most days 15 minutes is all I have!!

8. Krysta says:

5 minute contouring? Yes please! Sometimes I regret learning how to do my makeup because now I like to get “dolled up” in the morning, haha! I wish I could just run out the door and not worry about makeup.

9. Laura says:

Great tips! I will have to try the face contouring! Love the straightening brush too!

10. 15 minutes?! Lord knows I need this routine in my life!!! LOL

11. Christianne says:

I love dove too, love the post babe!
    Xo, CHRISTIANNE

12. Gisel says:

So easy! Contouring is great – a simple step that can up your gram even in the daytime!

Gisel | http://www.mintandthrift.com

13. Hannah says:

Such good tips! I am going to try these out tomorrow morning 🙂

14. Amy says:

Great tips! I’m always in a rush to get ready!!

15. That brush looks awesome. I want to try that!

16. Leanne says:

Great post! I love Dove 🙂 I need to check out that AMIKA straightening brush!

xo,
    Leanne

17. emily maric says:

Congrats on the Collaboration, that is so exciting!!! Great post and loved all your photos, so bright and airy. Hope you have a great day!! xo, Emily

18. neha says:

This is so cool thanks for sharing

19. These are great tips! I’m all about the fast morning routine!

20. Meghan says:

I definitely love using Dove products! I have been using them for years!

21. Chelsea says:

I want to try that Amika brush! So cool!

22. Mona says:

The 5 min contouring idea is great! I have a brush that’s similar to the Amika brush and I must admit those brushes does work and it works really well. I no longer fuss around with my blow dryer everyday. Great post 🙂

23. Rachel says:

Loved this post! Dove is one of my favorite brands. I won’t use any other deodorant!

xo Rachel | http://www.thesassroom.com

24. Alexis says:

What a great look that can be done in 15 minutes! I’ve been wondering about those straightening brushes, I have extremely thick hair and wonder if it would work for me.

25. Cori says:

I am all about getting ready as quick as possible so thank you for these tips!

26. Sofia says:

Thank you for sharing! I want that Amika brush!

27. I love products that help me get ready quickly!

28. Becca is my FAVORITE and that Amika brush looks awesome!

29. Mary Jane says:

I pretty much never wear makeup…but I might if it’s possible in 15 mins! Thanks so much for sharing 🙂

30. Love these tips! I am a college student so I am always looking for ways to get ready quickly while still looking presentable. Will be returning to your blog regularly – I love it!!:)

XOXO,
    Katie Gibbons
    thekalonblog.com

31. I totally needed to see this post! Thanks for your great tips! 🙂

32. OH, wow! I so needed to see this post! Thanks for sharing your tips. 🙂

33. Logan says:

I am going to try your contouring method! These are great tips! I love Dove products!

34. kristen says:

I really want to try that straightening brush! I’ve seen it a lot, now I just nee to get one!

35. Mary says:

It’s all about the contouring. My morning always starts with a shower and Dove!

36. Kayla says:

Good tips! I need to try contouring!

Kayla | kaylablogs.com

37. Oh man I love Dove products. Also that flat iron looks like it left your hair so smooth! I wanna try it

38. Ah, I need to get more efficient in the morning!

xx nicole

39. Kari says:

Dove is the only deodorant I use. I also get ready in 15 minutes. My trick is to shower at night instead of in the morning.

40. John Bell says:

Thanks alot for given us the valuable 3 beauty tips which help us to get ready in 15 minutes.

41. courtney says:

I’m so awful at getting ready quickly, I need at least an hour to get everything done.

La Belle Sirene

42. Hi! Great article, I found this so useful because it takes me way too long to get ready😂 if you love style + beauty I have a Style Community that you can join on the link below for free😊💖
    -STYLEQUEEN101