Dainty Necklaces for Everyday: Michael Hill Essentials

layersofchic dainty necklaces michael hill blogger style layersofchic dainty necklaces michael hill essentials layersofchic-dainty-necklaces-michael-hill-red-blazer

Spring could not have come soon enough, so I thought I would kick-off my favorite season with an outfit that is very fitting for Spring. This look is inspired by the dainty necklaces I’m wearing from Michael Hill,  a fine jewelry brand based in Australia. I love delicate necklaces that I can wear for every day and layer with different pieces. I started with the Tree of Life pendant which is a shorter length and goes great with wardrobe essentials like a T-shirt. It’s also a fitting piece for Spring as it literally represents the start of the trees and plants coming to life again. I paired it with a longer Teardrop necklace that is perfect for layering with a shorter necklace. I love the teardrop shape, I think it’s so elegant and looks effortlessly sexy with a V-neck blouse. With my Asian skin, I typically prefer gold jewelry over silver as I feel like it pops more against my skin and looks more expensive.

layersofchic dainty necklaces michael hill style bloglayersofchic dainty necklaces michael hill gold necklaceslayersofchic dainty necklaces michael hill fur bag

I wanted to keep the outfit elegant and feminine to match the simplicity of the necklaces. One of my newest purchases is this gorgeous red blazer from Topshop. I seriously fell in love with it when I put it on and just could not walk away. The ruffle sleeve is so on trend right now and red is such a good color for Spring. I paired the blazer with a silk pajama top with a low neckline. That’s right, the top I’m wearing is actually a pajama top, but I love the delicacy of it as a sexy camisole. For a super feminine vibe, I chose a pastel lace midi skirt from Self-Portrait. Full disclosure, I rarely wear this skirt because it’s wraps really tightly around my ankles, making it impossible for me to walk normally. I have to take very small steps and don’t get me started on stairs in this skirt! But the skirt is quite pretty and the perfect complement to this outfit.

layersofchic dainty necklaces michael hill everyday essentials layersofchic dainty necklaces michael hill fashion blog layersofchic dainty necklaces michael hill gold essentials layersofchic dainty necklaces michael hill spring blaze topshop

I completed the look with chic black accents including black open-toed sandals and a furry handbag. I chose black because I wanted to add a touch of city sophistication to this look. Let’s talk about this amazing fur handbag from Hebe Rose. This bag is actually made from recycled materials, including water bottles sourced from landfills in Asia. Isn’t that crazy?! You would never be able to tell just looking at and touching the bag. It’s super high quality and has two compartments for organization, and bonus points because it fits my DSLR camera!

layersofchic dainty necklaces michael hill hebe rose baglayersofchic dainty necklaces michael hill feminine style

Jacket: Topshop
Pajama Top: Adore Me
Skirt: Self-Portrait
Shoes: Zaful
Necklaces: Michael Hill Tree of Life PendantTeardrop Necklace
Bag: Hebe Rose New York
Nails: Essie in All the Wave

*This post is in collaboration with Michael Hill. As always, all views and opinions expressed are my own.

(Visited 8 times, 5 visits today)

40 responses to “Dainty Necklaces for Everyday: Michael Hill Essentials”

1. Libby says:

Beautiful pieces! I love how the dainty jewelry actually pops against your bright and textural outfit! XOXO

2. love this whole look! you look beautiful! dainty necklaces are my favorite too!

3. Chic from head to toe! I love every piece of your outfit and those necklaces are sweet!

4. Poonam says:

Beautiful pieces! I love the teardrop necklace. Also, your jacket is so fab!

Love this necklace and LOVE that purse!

Lauren

6. candy says:

Love wearing 2 or 3 dainty necklaces at one time.

7. Such a beautiful, dainty accessory. Love the overall ‘classy’ to your blog. really lovely 😉

The How-to Guru

8. Such a cute look, I love the blazer
    xo

9. Dina says:

Love these necklaces, especially the tree of life one! Your outfit is super cute also – the bag is to die for and is a true statement with the rest of the look!
    xo,
    Dina

10. Lisa says:

Love the simple necklace with the vibrant outfit! So well put together!

XO-Lisa

11. I love this look!!! You look gorgeous with those bold colors.

12. Alexandra says:

I love both of those necklaces – beautiful and feminine. I’m not a chunky necklace girl.

13. Dainty gold jewelry is my absolute favorite! I love that tree design especially. So beautiful!

14. Cat says:

Girl, you are a vision!! You are rocking the look and are absolutely stunning! OOTD #goals

15. Amy says:

I love layering simple necklaces! That skirt is gorgeous, too!

xoxo,
    Amy

16. Beautiful necklaces! This entire look is fabulous.

17. Alix Maza says:

That tree necklace is so unique!

Alix | http://www.apintsizedlifeblog.com

18. Neelofar says:

Dainty necklaces are my favorite! I can’t even get over this outfit though! I love the details on this skirt paired with a red blazer!
    Neelofar

19. nancy says:

I just love a simple necklace. I’ve been wearing my dainty one that I got on Etsy a few years ago… well, for a few years now. It’s gold filled, not plated, so that way I can wear it in the shower without ruining it. I always get tons of compliments on it, too!

20. Tuyet says:

That’s such a cute skirt! Love it! kimballandkedzie.com

21. Abby says:

I am so into dainty necklaces. Love your style here!

Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

22. Jessica says:

I am obsessed with that Tree of Life necklace. So beautiful and dainty!
    xo Jessica

23. Marynel says:

Love your your style! Every last detail ! And your makeup is amazing! I love dainty necklaces!

24. This is a wonderful look you’ve put together! I am looking for a nice everyday necklace like these, and will check out the link!

25. Anna says:

This outfit is absolutely everything!!! And really love the dainty jewelry!

26. Angie says:

Those are really lovely, and I like that long extra layer. So pretty.

27. Melissa says:

That skirt is STUNNING!! I’m also obsessed with dainty gold jewelry, I have more little necklaces than I can count! It’s the funniest thing…I have a mole in the center of my chest in the exact same spot as you and it’s the same size! How funny!

• layersofchic@gmail.com says:

omg i love that! I love my mole because it’s kind of like my birthmark 🙂

28. Victoria Schneider says:

Love dainty necklaces and that cardigan with the ruffle sleeves is to die for! It looks amazing on you.
    victoria | http://www.thesoutherntrunk.com

29. I love the teardrop lariat necklace! I have a similar one from Stella and Dot in rose gold and it’s one of my favorite dainty pieces!

30. Jana says:

You look really great in red! I love this look! xo Jana | http://www.janastyleblog.com | @jana_meister

I absolutely love this outfit! What a pretty and unexpected color combo. Love those dainty jewels too!

32. Jessica says:

So dainty and delicate, I love them!! Also, your little furry bag is so fun!

xo, jess

alljessedup.com

33. Tessa says:

I love these necklaces! So gorgeous. I’m also super obsessed with that jacket. *heart eyes* so gorgeous.

xx, Tessa

34. I love simple yet elegant necklaces to wear for the everyday!

35. Kaitlin says:

I love the tree necklace! So pretty and dainty! I’m SO into dainty these days!!

– Kaitlin
    kedgotwed.com

36. I love dainty jewelry! I’m not as into the whole “statement necklace” trend with pieces that are big and clunky, but I’m obsessed with small, delicate necklaces like this one! Even better when it’s gold!

So pretty, and I love the way you styled everything. The blue and red go so well together – I don’t know if I would have thought to put those colors together – very sophisticated. 🙂

Latest on the blog: Spring is Blooming with JORD Watches (+a GIVEAWAY!!)

37. Cameron says:

These necklaces are so cute! They go great with your outfit as well!

38. Rosalyn O. says:

I like your style! These are necklaces I would definitely wear! I love it!

39. They look amazing and I really love the bag! Great look! X