How to Dress Up a Gym Shirt with Cool Sunglasses

layersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasses style bloglayersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasses Marc Jacobslayersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasses MM6 loaferslayersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasses aviators

This “I Sweat Glitter” shirt was totally intended to be a gym shirt, but it’s so cute and cheeky that I decided to wear it with a regular outfit. The challenge with styling a gym tee is finding the right pieces to dress up and elevate the shirt. These cool sunglasses from Optically totally do the trick of adding a sense of glam to the outfit. Optically is an e-commerce site that allows you to get prescription sunglasses and glasses online at affordable prices, including designer lenses like the Marc Jacobs pair I’m wearing. They have over 3000 styles of frames to choose from, with the selling point of offering designer lenses for less. This Marc Jacobs pair was only $65, which is pretty amazing considering the brand. In addition to sunglasses, you can also get designer glasses, including brands such as Gucci, Fendi, and Jimmy Choo. I’m totally eyeing these chic Fendi frames with a tortoise shell and modern design.

layersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasses style blog layersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasses n.21 bow clutchlayersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasses blogger outfitlayersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasses Mad Style

This gym shirt from Mad Style is almost too cute to wear only to the gym. There are also a ton of other cute quotes on the Mad Style site that you can customize and choose along with the color and style of your shirt. To dress up the shirt, I paired it with a mixed metal Stella & Dot statement necklace. This necklace is super cool because it’s actually a 4-in-1 necklace that allows you to remove certain strands to customize your look. For this outfit, I wore the necklace with all the strands for a cool downtown vibe. I chose white culottes to go with the shirt for a sophisticated touch.

layersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasses blogger style layersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasseslayersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasses penny loafers

I completed the look with my new Nº21 bowtie clutch and MM6 Maison Margiela penny loafers, both courtesy of Farfetch. I worked with Farfetch on an exciting article that you can read here, and got to shop some pieces from their site. I fell in love with the knot clutch the moment I saw it, you all know I can’t say no to bowties. The clutch description says it’s a nude color, but it looks like blush pink to me, which is even better. The loafers are just about the coolest shoes I own, with an exaggerated metallic heel that I just can’t stop looking at! Be prepared to see both pieces on repeat this Spring.
layersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasses optically layersofchic how to dress up gym shirt cool sunglasses street style

You can get my Marc Jacobs sunnies directly on the Optically website. While I opted not to get a prescription with them, Optically does offer free prescription lenses and scratch resistant coatings with every pair. A few other stylish pairs that I liked were these Jimmy Choo turquoise ones that are perfect for Spring and this mod Gucci pair that is so Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I know shopping for frames online can be tricky, so Optically also has a “try-on” feature that allows you to upload a photo of yourself to see what the glasses would look like virtually. If you have any questions about the site, let me know in the comments below!

Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs from Optically
Top: Mad Style (20% off with code “layersofchic“)
Culottes: & Other Stories (similar here)
Clutch: Nº21
Loafers: MM6 Maison Margiela
Necklace: Stella & Dot
Watch: TIMEX
Socks: Living Royal

*This post is in collaboration with Optically, Mad Style, and Farfetch.  As always, all views and opinions expressed are my own.

29 responses to “How to Dress Up a Gym Shirt with Cool Sunglasses”

1. Erica says:

Love how you styled this babe! So chic, especially love those culottes!! Give me more! 🙂

2. Laura says:

I so love that top! Nice look for spring time. Great job!

3. Jessica says:

That tee is so cute and I love how you fancied it up! Love those necklaces!
    xo Jessica

4. Abeer says:

This is such a creative outfit. Love it!

5. cara says:

You look so cute! I love your top!

6. LOVE how unique this look is! You’re rockin’ it, girl.

Natalie Was Here

7. whitney says:

You’re adorable! I’m loving these shoes with these socks. You’re totally rockin’ it girl!

8. Tessa says:

This outfit is adorable, I love all of the details!! Love the look for spring!!
    xo, Tessa – http://www.simplytess.co

9. Logan says:

I love your top and that clutch is so adorable!

10. Kristin says:

Love this color palette & that clutch is perfection! Super cute sunnies as well! 🙂

xox,
    Kristin

11. This tee is so perfect! I need to snag that for sure. The clutch totally tops the entire look off! Perfect outfit for spring.

xoxo, Natalie

12. Gail says:

I love how you styled this outfit! The pink and white details are so perfect! Love the sweatshirt with culottes. Also, these photos are amazing! Xoxo

13. Lee Anne says:

lol, I love this shirt and adore how you’ve styled it! Such a fun and chic look.

XO
    Lee Anne

14. Talisa says:

Loving the trousers! I’ll give this a try for my casual days when I need to spice up a plain tee.

15. You pull it off well! So, so cute!

Love, love, loooove this look girl! You styled it to perfection!

Lauren

17. ellie says:

I’ve started buying sunglasses so much recently, I just love them! Love this whole look! You’ve styled it amazingly!

Ellie | http://www.scotchandstilettos.com

18. Love the outfit! Its cute and funky! But those socks… LOVE!!! Xx-Doran @ HauteBeautyGuide

19. Ruthie says:

Well you killed it girl!! LOVE that shirt, the pants and those shoes!! Killing ittt!!

20. Anh Thu Le says:

Oooo.. that’s genius to dress up shirts with a pair of sunglasses. I really like your style and it’s so true, for some reason sunglasses just make everything look so much cooler! keep it up 🙂

21. I just love your eclectic, cool, fun, unique style…always enjoy how you style your outfits!!! No one can rock the socks + loafers like you! And I need that clutch…it is sooo cute!

22. Sch a fun look! I love all the gorgeous details and the thought you put into your outfits. My favorite things is that clutch! So pretty!

23. Stylehue says:

You really know how to dress up a gym top 👍. And such nice loafers and such a nice deal on the sunnies!

Xo

24. Jenn Wang says:

Ohmygosh. Love your style, girl! You pull off this look so well! Also, those socks are AMAZING.

Jenn

I’m obsessed with this outfit! It’s so beautiful and interesting to look at. Stunning!

26. Girl, you are working this look! Love that top and love those shades!

27. Meaghan says:

This look is so incredibly fabulous!! I’m a fan of each piece you have on and love your attention to detail with your accessories. The cute shades are the perfect final touch to complete the look!

Meaghan xx

28. Carly says:

Your culottes and clutch are AMAZING. I want to recreate this look!

Carly | http://www.thecarlycollective.com