How to Look Cute Running Errands: Camel Trench Coat

layersofchic how to look cute camel trench coat nyc street stylelayersofchic how to look cute camel trench coat weekend outfitlayersofchic how to look cute camel trench coat cocavann bag

Running errands doesn’t have to mean sweatpants and sneakers all the time. On the weekends, I often go to brunch and then run errands, so I want to look cute yet be comfortable at the same time. With Spring weather in NY being so flaky and flip-flopping between rain and sunshine, a good coat is essential for those days you just don’t have time to fuss about your outfit. I’m amazed to say that this is actually my first trench coat ever, and now that I own one I can’t believe I ever lived without it! This camel trench coat from Superdry is effortlessly chic, super versatile, and perfect for both rainy and sunny days.

layersofchic how to look cute camel trench coat blogger style layersofchic how to look cute camel trench coat colorful scarflayersofchic how to look cute camel trench coat superdry

How to Look Cute While Running Errands: Outfit Essentials

• The Camel Trench Coat: A trench coat has that quintessential city vibe that makes it perfect for the girl on the go. Always versatile yet such a classic piece, you can pair a trench coat with just about anything. The one I’m wearing from Superdry is stylish and functional, with a nice lining on the inside, two pockets, and a removable belt. I typically like to wear my trench coat open see so I can show off more of my outfit, but for a more polished look you can wear it belted and let your shoes and accessories shine.
  • A Comfortable Cotton Dress: Sometimes throwing on a dress is way easier than putting together a top and bottom, so that’s why a comfortable dress is essential in my closet. A fit and flare cami dress like the one I’m wearing is flattering on all body types, and the chambray fabric makes it easy to pair with different pieces. I can’t wait to wear this dress during the summer on its own with sandals!
  • The Perfect Sized Handbag: For running errands, it is essential to have a handbag that can fit all your stuff, but is not too big as to hold you down while you’re running around. The navy leather handbag from COCOVANN is a great medium size that fits all my essentials, including fresh flowers from the market. The rectangular shape of the bag actually makes it perfect for carrying flowers and allowing them to peek out for a fresh Spring look.

layersofchic how to look cute camel trench coat polka dot dresslayersofchic how to look cute camel trench coat spring outfitlayersofchic how to look cute camel trench coat block sandals

No good outfit is complete without the right pair of shoes and accessories. Embracing the Spring weather, I chose block wooden heel sandals paired with thin socks. I chose light blue socks to match with the chambray blue of the dress. To add a pop of color and keep warm from the wind, I knotted a colorful EMKY scarf around my neck. Finally, I went with an assortment of dainty rings for a subtle bling. If I hadn’t styled this look with the scarf plus sandals and socks, it would look like any other generic preppy outfit. So it really is key to pick the right accessories if you want to stand out and create a unique look!

layersofchic how to look cute camel trench coat blogger outfitlayersofchic how to look cute camel trench coat style blog

Trench Coat: Superdry
Dress: Superdry
Shoes: Superdry
Bag: COCOVANN
Scarf: EMKY
Socks: COS (similar here

*This post is in collaboration with Superdry. As always, all views and opinions expressed are my own.

39 responses to “How to Look Cute Running Errands: Camel Trench Coat”

1. Kelsey says:

Oh my gosh I wish i looked this cute running errands!! That dress is cute and I love it with the trench coat!

xo Kelsey | http://www.chasingcinderellablog.com

2. Kristi says:

So cute – a trench is a classic and you can put one on and instantly look chic!

3. Meehandering says:

I love this trench! The heels paired with socks was such a cute idea. Great post!

4. Lee Anne says:

So cute! And I love the scarf paired with this cute dress. Such a great look.

XO
    Lee Anne

5. Bridget says:

I LOVE this outfit! Especially the socks with the sandals, so trendy and cute!

6. Ashlyn says:

This is the cutest look I’ve ever seen! I love it!!

7. Komal Patel says:

I absolutely love the sock and shoe combo! You pull it off so well!

8. Sheila Joy says:

I need a trench like this! Such a timeless piece that will always be in style and perfect for any occasion 🙂

9. Krysten says:

I love trench coats! I have one for pretty much every season. I need this one, it looks casual, but fun.

10. The dress is very pretty! Ind I adore the heels too. I think it is a good choice to wear socks in them if you need to walk a lot in such shoes, it sure helps not to get blisters!

How to mix patterns in one outfit and make it work? link.

This look is so darling! Love that trench too!

Lauren

12. That colorful neck tie is giving me LIFE. Such a cute accessory along with the trench coat. You killed this look! <3

13. Sam Thorpe says:

This look is so cute! I love how you styled this trench! Those socks and heels are too cute together! xo Sam

14. Cristina says:

The pattern play in your outfit is so darling! Love it!

15. I love this! So often I leave the house in leggings and a sweater on a quick errand, but this is a great reminder you can still look cute doing everyday things! Love the trench and your dress!

xx, Jonilyn | http://www.mycuratedcloset.com

16. Poonam says:

I love this outfit! I never look this good when I’m running errands, lol.

17. Andrea says:

I´ve wanting to change up my ¨errands outfit¨ and this is perfect! I really loved the sandals with the light sheer turquoise socks! It looks so chic! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

18. Logan says:

I love your trench coat! So perfect for spring!

19. val hansen says:

Love the whole outfit and you look adorable in that trench!! Happy spring!

Valerie

20. Great post! It’s always wise to look cute running errands. Never know who you’ll bump into. That trench coat is the perfect piece for these up and down temps. The scarf, bag and socks add so much to the look. The perfect get it done look!

21. DARLING! Just Darling! That dress is just the cutest. I really like the little dots.

22. Carly says:

You look so cute in your polka dots and this trench! The perfect spring outfit.

Carly | http://www.thecarlycollective.com

23. Cheryl says:

The trench is a classic and you wear it well. I love the whole look, escpecially the ankle socks with the sandals.

24. This is soooo adorable! LOVE how you styled the trench coat with the blue dress!

25. Leanna says:

I’m obsessed with this outfit! I have been looking high and low for the perfect trench coat because they’re such a staple. That dress is amazing too. Love you style!

26. Taylor says:

I love this outfit! So sophisticated, yet great for being out and about!

xo, Taylor (thesprinkle.tayloramead.com)

27. Barb says:

This is such a cute look! I especially love the socks with the sandals! I don’t think i could pull that off but it looks so great on you!
    xoxo Barb

28. Nicole Fuentes says:

Ohhh that’s what I want for my birthday! I was just looking at the trench coats at Everlane…buy yours is just as cute and about the same price…hmmm…what to do, what to do!

29. jessica says:

you certainly look much cuter than i do when i’m out running errands…love the sock and shoe look you have on!

30. Natalie says:

So obsessed with this dress and the patterns of that scarf! I love it all, and never ever look that cute while running errands! Happy almost weekend! 🙂

xoxo, Natalie

31. Such a pretty look! SO much detail and pretty things in our outfit!

Oh my gosh you look so cute!! I absolutely love that dress and those shoes! Adoreeeee this!

33. This look is so cute, I love the polka dots
    xo

34. Brittany N says:

I love that polka dot dress! I feel like it can be dressed up or down, for brunch and errands!

35. You have styled this look so well! so chic.

36. April says:

Such an adorable look! I love the trench, the bag, and your dress!

37. jessica says:

Such a cute match. I love the colour mixture of the whole Outfit.

Xoxo, J | https://jessicatasrif.blogspot.co.id

38. I love the dress! The sock and shoe look is one you pull off so well, I have to try it sometime.

39. Cat says:

OMG that trench coat is giving me life! SO chic! Love your look, chica! #OOTD #goals