Pretty in Purple Outfit Prancing Around Brooklyn

layersofchic purple outfit street style brooklynlayersofchic purple outfit blogger style layersofchic purple outfit colorful mural brooklyn

One week from tomorrow, I will be moving to Brooklyn! I think it just hit me today how soon my move is and how much I have to do before the move. I just got back from an epic weekend in the Hamptons with the Romio app, so I am taking today to catch up on all my emails and get my life in order. I am feeling overwhelmed but excited for my move and a new chapter of my life! In honor of my soon to be new neighborhood, these photos were shot in Brooklyn. One of the things that I love the most about BK are the colorful murals that line the streets and make for great photo spots. The mural in these photos is located in Williamsburg, the “hipster” part of Brooklyn. I thought the colorful background was the perfect contrast to my all purple outfit.

layersofchic luana italy yellow handbag purple leather skirtlayersofchic purple outfit leather skirt

For this pretty in purple outfit, I paired a one-shoulder top from Tobi with a high-waisted voluminous leather skirt. I love how flowy this top is and the one-shoulder silhouette definitely gives it a bit of sex appeal. To add some contrast to the all purple, I chose my yellow leather handbag from Luana Italy. This is seriously my favorite handbag this Summer, and you can get $50 off any purchase with the code LAYERSOFCHIC in store or online.

layersofchic stella dot leaf earringslayersofchic purple outfit idea feminine stylelayersofchic yellow leather handbag lace-up sandals

I completed the look with lace-up sandals from Poetic Licence for a summery touch. I also chose leaf pendant earrings, delicate rings, and a statement watch. This outfit has such a fun and flirty vibe, it made me want to prance and twirl around. The colorful mural also put me in a happy mood!

layersofchic purple outfit style blog layersofchic purple outfit brooklyn nyc mural

Top: Tobi
Skirt: H&M (old)
Sandals: Poetic Licence
Bag: Luana Italy ($50 off with code LAYERSOFCHIC online or in-store)
Earrings: Stella & Dot

*This post is in collaboration with Tobi and Luana Italy. As always, all views and opinions expressed are my own.

Photography: Suzanne Spiegoski

28 responses to “Pretty in Purple Outfit Prancing Around Brooklyn”

1. minnelle says:

Love these pics!

2. Meaghan says:

Perfect way to say hello to your new neighborhood! This outfit has such a classy, effortless feel to it. I’m in love with your skirt and sandals!

Meaghan xx

3. Gail says:

I love this purple outfit. The top is adorable and that leather skirt is gorgeous! You look stunning! I’m still upset that you’re moving from the city but best of luck in your new neighborhood! I’ll be coming to visit. Xoxo

4. Giustina says:

I love your whole outfit! Absolutely beautiful! I am recently obsessed with purple! <3

5. Liv says:

Totally need to add more purple in my wardrobe. Obsessed with your look!

Liv

6. LaToya C says:

This outfit is so cute! And you chose the perfect backdrop! Really beautiful!

7. this pics are so much fun! must say this is one of my fave outfits you ever wore! such cute skirt and perfect color!

Courtney Bentley || http://www.starsystemz.com

8. Caitlin says:

This photo shoot looks so fun! Love the way you styled this outfit!

9. Girl that outfit was made for you! Love the shoes, the watch, the bag…just gorg!

10. Laura says:

I’m in love with this outfit! Love the different textures and shades you’ve got going on!

Your photography is gorgeous, that backdrop was perfect

Laura ¦ http://www.laurahasablog.co.uk

11. Kira says:

You look so chic and pretty! Love those accessories!
    Kira
    Kira Is Wearing
    Instagram

12. I never, ever wear purple. But after seeing how gorg you look in it, I think that’s all about to change!

13. Autum says:

oooh love this top and the background is perfect

14. Cydney says:

Purple is not usually my favourite colour, but this outfit is so gorgeous! You look great and I love the colourful backdrop

15. Congrats on your new move! So, exciting! The wall is so fun and the way you styled this look is chic and creative! I love the bag and top A LOT!
    xo Debbie | http://www.tothineownstylebetrue.com

16. Pia says:

That skirt is so fun! I love it!! Brooklyn is so much fun, I’m jealous you’re moving there! I also love your earrings. Good luck with the move!

🍍 Pia

17. Kuleigh says:

You match the mural perfectly! The rope details on your sandals are my favorite part of the whole outfit!

18. cynelle says:

Love this look. I own the purple Asos skirt and its a closet staple of mine.

19. Jamie says:

Really cute outfit and the background is amazing! I love your accessories, especially the watch.

20. April Kitchens says:

Love the outfit and how you accented with the yellow bag. New York is great for street art and I like the mural you are in front of.

21. I like the outfit and how you accented with the yellow bag. New York is great for street art, Atlanta is has nice street art too.

22. Rachel Li says:

One shoulder top is my latest fave too! The combo of the two purples are gorgeous!

23. Chelsea says:

I love that skirt so much!! Gorgeous

24. Joanna Clute says:

This outfit IS pretty. The top is cute and the skirt is so original.

25. Lacey says:

Loving that skirt and those shoes! So fun! Your color play is my favorite!

xx,

Lacey//theglittergospelblog.com

26. Love this outfit so much! And how you accessorized it! Good luck with your move!

27. angelle Marix says:

You look beautiful!! I love the shades of purple!!

xoxo,
    Angelle

28. margarette says:

Oh gosh. You look so pretty in that purple outfit. That skirt looks amazing.