How to Wear Your One Piece Swimsuit More Often

layersofchic how to wear one piece swimsuit blogger stylelayersofchic how to wear one piece swimsuit summersalt layersofchic how to wear one piece swimsuit nyc murals

Do you guys ever have a swimsuit that you love so much and look forward to pulling out for the beach and pool every Summer? Do you ever wish that you could wear the swimsuit more often?! Well for me, it’s this one piece swimsuit from Summersalt that cuts in all the right places and comes in a pretty vibrant pink. I recently just acquired this piece and haven’t had a chance yet to wear it as a actual swimsuit, but I was so excited about it that I decided to wear it as a top instead. So if you’re looking to wear your favorite swimsuit more often, consider styling it as a chic top! There are a few things to keep in mind to pull this off, so read on for my tips.

layersofchic how to wear summer accessories yellow handbag striped wedgeslayersofchic how to wear one piece swimsuit summersalt sidestrokelayersofchic how to wear one piece swimsuit nyc street art

When it comes to styling a one piece swimsuit as a top, admittedly not every swimsuit will work. I suggest a piece that has a cool neckline, colorful pattern, or textured design. This will make the swimsuit look inherently more like a top, such as the one that I’m wearing. I got so many compliments on this look and everyone was surprised when I told them it was a swimsuit, so that’s a sign that the outfit works! I paired the swimsuit with high waisted vintage shorts inspired by the French countryside, because since I can’t be in France, why not at least dress like I am? To lengthen my frame, I chose striped wedge sandals that complete the vacation vibe of this outfit.

layersofchic ringly smart ring outfit detailslayersofchic how to wear one piece swimsuit nyc style bloglayersofchic how to wear one piece swimsuit fashion blog

In true Summer fashion, I chose my yellow handbag from Luana Italy, since yellow is the color of sunshine. For my jewelry, I went with my new turquoise smart ring from RINGLY. The ring connects with my phone and actually lights up whenever I get a text or phone call, and also tracks my steps. It’s like an Apple Watch, but for the fashionista. I paired the ring with colorful bracelets for a fun and summery look. The location of this shoot was totally unplanned, but I happened upon a boutique hotel in the LES that had colorful murals inspired by NYC, and it turned out to be the perfect spot for my colorful summer in the city outfit.

layersofchic how to wear one piece swimsuit as top layersofchic luana italy yellow handbaglayersofchic how to wear one piece swimsuit as top

Swimsuit as Top: Summersalt
Shorts: Vintage (similar here)
Shoes: Poetic Licence
Bag: Luana Italy
Ring: RINGLY
Bracelets: Thomas Sabo

*This post is in collaboration with Summersault and RINGLY. As always, all views and opinions expressed are my own.

Photography: KMO Studio

23 responses to “How to Wear Your One Piece Swimsuit More Often”

1. Gisel says:

I would never have thought to wear a swimsuit as a bodysuit, but it’s the perfect top for this outfit!

Gisel | mintandthrift.com

2. Emily Soto says:

This is so smart! You look adorable!

3. Love the idea of wearing onepiece swimsuit off the beach! Also love the shoes 🙂 Great styling!

Brigita

4. How fun is this idea!? I love all the beautiful colors you paired with the suit!
    Riva | http://www.whatrivawore.com

What an interesting way to wear a one piece! I would never have thought to wear it as a bodysuit.

6. I have also a blogpost about a similar topic coming up 🙂 Stay tuned!

Love,
    Arianne
    http;//saycurls.com

7. This is such a cute idea, I love your syle so much!
    xo

8. That’s such a great idea! I also really love those shorts <3

xo Jannine | http://www.happystylishfit.com

9. Linda Tran says:

I love your outfit and how you styled it!

Linda

10. This is is cute! I always think about this – seriously, so many of my one piece suits can be transformed into a body suit with a cute pair of shorts, or adorable skirt like you did. Such a great post.

What an ingenious way to wear a swimsuit! I absolutely love how you styled this!

12. Nancy says:

I love all the color and pattern!

13. Mandy Arraiz says:

Such a great idea!! Thanks for the tips!!

14. Love this idea! Super cute!

15. such a genius way to wear them! love the colors happening here.

Courtney Bentley || http://www.starsystemz.com

16. Ashley says:

Such a cute idea!! I love this look!!

17. Such a cute suit — love the color! What a great idea to give a swimsuit more life!

18. I recently did this in one of my Instagram posts, you don’t have to only wear swimsuits to the beach! 🙂 I love the bright colors especially!

Nicole | nicoleparise.com

19. I had never thought of wearing a swimsuit like that, it’s a great idea!

20. Amanda says:

I would’ve never guessed this was a swimsuit! Such a cute way to wear it!

21. Alex says:

Oh my gosh, this is so cute! Love that one shoulder.

22. Jessica says:

Lovely skirt! Also, your bag is sooo cute. Overall, really cute outfit and you’re rocking it with those gorgeous hair.

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

23. Emily says:

That yellow purse is to die for, really makes the outfit!
    Isn’t That Charming.