Fall Floral Dress & Orange Jacket: Morning Light Magic

layersofchic fall floral dress orange jacket feminine stylelayersofchic fall floral dress orange jacket nyc fashion blog layersofchic fall floral dress patchwork bootslayersofchic fall floral dress orange jacket romantic outfit

I think this might be one of my favorite outfits and shoots to date. There’s something so magical about the morning light, it makes everyone and everything look beautiful and effortless. We shot these photos at around 7:30AM in the park, and it was already bristling with people out and about enjoying the calm before a busy work day. I love the romantic boho vibe of this outfit, it fits in so well with the greenery of the park. I love this Fall floral dress as it’s a darker color, and the embellished flowers make it so much more special. I paired it with a thrifted vintage burnt orange jacket that is just the perfect color for Fall, I don’t know about you guys but I freakin’ love pumpkins and this orange jacket really reminds me of pumpkins.

layersofchic feather necklace orange jacketlayersofchic fall floral dress orange jacket morning light layersofchic fall floral dress vintage orange jacket layersofchic fall floral dress orange jacket style bloglayersofchic fall floral dress orange jacket romantic style

I paired the dress with the coolest pair of patchwork boots from Nordstrom Rack. I am totally loving the jigsaw patchwork print, it really makes the boots stand out. There is a new Nordstrom Rack that just opened today in Herald Square, so if you’re in NYC definitely go check it out as it’s huge and super cool, with features such as a waiting room lounge and Instagrammable wall. I also went with a round straw bag to keep with the nature-y vibe of the outfit, as well as a big feather necklace from Nocturne Studio. I am really digging how romantic and whimsical this outfit is, it’s one of those looks that epitomizes my style.

layersofchic fall floral dress orange jacket vintagelayersofchic fall floral dress orange jacket straw baglayersofchic fall floral dress orange jacket whimsical style blog

Dress: Sammydress
Jacket: Vintage thrifted from Housing Works (similar here)
Boots: Nordstrom Rack
Necklace: Nocturne Studio
Bag: Etsy (similar here)

16 responses to “Fall Floral Dress & Orange Jacket: Morning Light Magic”

1. Mary Colleen says:

This outfit could not be more perfect. You are so lucky to have thrifted that jacket, it is absolutely the perfect fall piece!

2. That jacket is such a great find! I love that color on you!

3. Sharon says:

How fun is this outfit for the fall! Love the print and the colors!

4. Amara says:

That dress paired with the jacket is EVERYTHING! Love it 🙂

5. courtney says:

That rich orange shade is SO beautiful!! I love adding pops of rust or mustard into my fall wardrobe and that jacket is just such a beautiful piece.

6. Ashley says:

Oh my goodness!! Such a gorgeous fall outfit!! I love that jacket!

7. Megan Anne says:

Wow! Really cute outfit! Not a lot of people could rock that color and you do!

8. Cat says:

Oh my gosh I looove your style! So gorgeous! Totally #ootd inspo!

9. Brittany says:

Ahhh I’m obsessed with this entire look! That dress is gorgeous, the orange spice of the jacket is perfect for fall, and I love how you paired it all with a purse that is traditionally more of a summer style! So cute girl! xo, Brittany | http://www.theblistblog.com

I love that dress and how you styled it! Perfect fall look!

11. I love florals for fall! The booties + jacket combo are perfect, you look awesome!

12. This is such a fabulous Fall look! I’m loving the pattern of that dress, and how you’ve paired it with those awesome boots and jacket. Just beautiful!

13. Amanda Kruse says:

That orange jacket is such a pretty color for fall! I love the colorblock booties!

xx,
    Amanda || http://www.fortheloveofglitter.com

14. Samantha says:

Love love love those shoes! They look great paired with that dress and jacket – you look lovely in these photos, the morning light makes for a great photo! Samantha xx | samanthadobbin.com

15. Caitlin says:

That dress is absolutely beautiful and I LOVE those color block boots!!! Such a cute combo!

-Caitlin