Blair Waldorf Style: Coat Dress & Luxe Handbag

layersofchic blair waldorf style coat dress nyc style bloglayersofchic blair waldorf style coat dress vivienne hu new york layersofchic blair waldorf style coat dress vivienne hu handbaglayersofchic blair waldorf style coat dress luxe handbag

I am feeling so Blair Waldorf in this Vivienne Hu luxe coat dress and leather handbag. For those of you who watched Gossip Girl (better be everyone!), you all know that Blair’s style is very feminine, classic, and put together. This dress coat totally reminded me of Blair, from the fur collar to the intricate design to the flared shape. Paired with a navy leather handbag, this is a classic Blair Waldorf outfit. If you haven’t heard of Vivenne Hu, she is a New York based designer whose show I had the pleasure of attending a few seasons ago during NYFW. Her designs are feminine and chic, with touches of European and Asian inspiration. So when the brand reached out to me to work together, I of course said yes!

layersofchic blair waldorf style coat dress uptown girllayersofchic blair waldorf style coat dress pearl necklaces

In true Blair Waldorf fashion, I chose layered pearl necklaces and a pearl bracelet for my jewelry pieces. I also went with a velvet cocktail dress with a pleated lining so that it can peak out subtly from under the coat. The feminine details are what make Blair Waldorf’s style so special. For my shoes, I decided to match the dress and go with my favorite pink velvet booties. Since my style is very colorful, I wanted to add a pop of color to this look.

layersofchic blair waldorf style vivienne hu coat dresslayersofchic vivienne hu luxury leather handbag

Asides from gorgeous clothing, Vivienne Hu also recently came out with a new accessories line including luxury handbags and shoes. I’m loving this navy leather handbag that is the perfect size and so classic, this is the kind of handbag that will never go out of style. The subtle details make this bag special, such as the V shaped clasp and the top handle. The leather is also so soft, and feels just as luxe as it looks.

layersofchic blair waldorf style coat dress fur collarlayersofchic blair waldorf style coat dress feminine outfitlayersofchic blair waldorf style pink pearl hat

To transition this look into Winter, I would add a pink pearl beanie. This one I’m wearing is from Betsey Johnson and I’m pretty obsessed with the pearl detail and white pom. It is also super warm, I actually just wore it today on a windy day and it definitely kept my ears cozy!

layersofchic blair waldorf style coat dress fashion bloglayersofchic blair waldorf style striped coat dress

Coat: Vivienne Hu
Bag: Vivienne Hu
Dress: ABS Collection
Boots: ASOS (similar here)
Hat: Betsey Johnson

*This post is in collaboration with Vivienne Hu. As always, all views and opinions expressed are my own.

23 responses to “Blair Waldorf Style: Coat Dress & Luxe Handbag”

1. Petra says:

I really like the whole combo but I have to say that those shoes are my absolute favourites! I love velvet boots!

2. Val says:

Love the outfit..so classy ! I have boots just like that but mine are suede, loving all the velvet this year!

Valerie

3. Cat Chiang says:

I love the pop of blue with the fur collar!

<3 Cat

4. Sara Nichols says:

This coat and boots need to be in my closet!

5. I adore your look here, and I’m in LOVE with your coat — it could not be more fabulous!

6. Ellie Chan says:

What a gorgeous look! Definitely very Blair Waldorf. I always feel that coat dresses are so chic and elegant.

7. Ruthie says:

In love with this coat dress!!! You look amazing

8. suzie says:

This Coat is everything! I love it.

9. I love Blair’s style! You nailed it, you look stunning!

10. Holly says:

Love the fact that you’re channeling your inner Blair Waldorf! I’m also obsessed with those booties. I have a velvet pair that’s somewhat similar, and they are not only comfy but I get compliments on them all the time! xx

11. Tessa says:

I love the colors in this outfit combo!!! The booties are my favorite though and I love how classy it looks!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

So I never watched Gossip Girl until a few years ago. Let’s just say that I went through all the seasons in record time haha! I just LOVE Blair’s style. Definitely my favorite! And this look is very Blair! I absolutely adore this coat and these boots. Putting them on my Christmas wishlist 😉

13. Liz Diaz says:

Oh my goodness! I love Blair Waldorf, and her style has always resonated with me! You did such a wonderful job mirroring her style! This outfit is gorgeous! I love the shoes! 🙂

14. Liz Diaz says:

Oh my goodness! I love Blair Waldorf, and her style has always resonated with me! You did such a wonderful job mirroring her style! This outfit is gorgeous! I love the shoes so much!

15. Those velvet booties are so cute! I’m obsessed.

16. courtney says:

Blair Waldorf will forever be a major style icon in my eyes. She had such classic, feminine, glam style and it will never get old.

Love this look and those booties are everything!

Lauren

18. Megan Anne says:

Oh wow! I’m definitely getting Blair vibes from this outfit!

19. I love your coat’s beautiful blue collar! Your whole ensemble is magazine perfect. 🙂

20. Cat says:

YAAS! You are definitely serving me some serious Blair vibes! Love it

21. Amanda Kruse says:

Definitely a coat Blair Waldorf would wear. I love those velvet booties!

xx,
    Amanda || http://www.fortheloveofglitter.com

22. Daisi Ari says:

I love Gossip Girl! I was late to the GG scene but it’s my fav. You absolutely killed Blair’s look. Great post!

23. So, beautiful my friend! I love the coat – not only is it really classic and tailored well but it also looks comfy!